Friday, February 15, 2008

Is that a mouse in your pants or.......

Yesterday morning while sleeping our cat eggplant brought a mouse into the bedroom, after quite a commotion kim got up to capture the mouse; to no avail. Well being as it was 5:30, i was awake, so i grabbed my pants and went to the kitchen to start the espresso, leaving kim and some cats to fend for themselves. Now normally i pass by the dining room to drape my pants over the chair so as to not have to exit my pajamas too soon; this was after all just an ordinary day.

8:30 and it was time to get ready to go to the county"s annual native plant sale to fetch our pre- ordered booty
Soil and Water Conservation District
so it's off with the pajamas and on with the aforementioned pants. As i buttoned my pants i realized i had a crumpled sock in the leg of the pants, so i shook my leg and ........WITH A FULL HEAD OF STEAM A MOUSE COMES DARTING OUT OF MY PANTS! The pants come off , i jump up on the bed in only a shirt, and kim can barely stand up as laughter consumes her.

Ah yes...there's really nothing quite like starting the day with a mouse in your pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, fond Mouse in the pants memories...one afternoon while enjoying wine & conversation on a friend's porch, we were joined by a mouse. I began shooing the mouse off the porch due to the feline member of the household who was nearby. My shooing attempts were so successful that the mouse used my pant leg as an escape route (no lie!). Up one side & down the other...